Wanted: PR Manager at Brewdog, UK.
PR is at the very heart of our marketing strategy. Over the past eight years, we’ve become known for our outspoken voice and commentary on the industry, and our attention-grabbing approach to changing the landscape of beer forever. From brewing the most alcoholic beer in the world packaged in taxidermy stoats and squirrels to sending up Vladimir Putin with an LGBT protest beer, we’ve seen regular coverage across all major UK publishing titles and we understand the colossal value in a finely-tuned PR strategy. We do not pay for traditional billboard or print advertising, as we prefer to create a story and generate engagement with our people and our mission as opposed to producing traditional, one-way advertising schtick. If you disagree, please feel free to peruse another website, because this beast of a role is not for you.
Still reading? Awesome. This role will take charge of handling all PR messaging throughout our business, from new bar launches to beer releases to business development and all the bigger, bolder stories too. You’ll be in charge of all press trips to our brewery in Aberdeen as well as managing our press release content and calendar, liaising directly with all relevant external agencies and partners as required.
As our mission is to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are, we need our main media contact to be absolutely head-over-heels in love with all things beer. You’ll need a well-rounded knowledge and understanding of beer as well as a thirst (no pun intended…) for beery pastures new.
We are currently looking for PR Manager
This role will involve working alongside our designers, strategists and back-end developers, as well as being part of the creative process; from the strategic thinking in the beginning, to development of the final product.
Location: Ellon, Aberdeenshire or London
Expected hours: 40 - 45 per week
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
– 3 or more years in a similar role, either in-house or at an agency
– Demonstrable passion for both beer and PR
– Experience in social media campaign management
– Clear, proven understanding of achieving results in PR
– Skills in team leading
– Personable, friendly and approachable
– Strong, notable contacts across a broad set of media outlets
– Established blogger relationships
– Event management experience
– Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
– An insatiable desire to create conversation and spark discussion, and a dogmatic determination to change the world of beer with us.
– Management of external PR agencies and partners, organisation of all press release content, and tracking, monitoring and reporting all coverage to the senior marketing team.
– Identifying new opportunities for exposure
– Organising and hosting press trips to the brewery
– Central point of contact for all media enquiries
– Quote and comment management
– Leading creative process to generate new opportunities for publicity
Please apply on their website.